#BEDM14 Day 1 – What Is On Your Bucket List?
Blog Every Day in May is once again a thing that is happening. I haven’t done an announcey-post today because I’ve been busy cleaning my room so that if I ever had a visitor to it (incredulously unlikely but let’s just let our imaginations run wild for a second) I could pass as vaguely human and not a feral pig-creature. And then I watched a load of American Horror Story, which is awesome. ANYWAY. #BEDM is here, it’s queer (it’s not really. Weeeeell, maybe a little) get used to it, etc. So without further ado, the first topic: my bucket list. A rather interesting and meaty choice of first topic by mein host, social media darling @picnarkes, the curator of this extravaganza.
My wish list of things I want to do before I die? Hmm. I’m not a very… experiential person. I don’t actually have a list of experiences I want to experience, in my head or otherwise. I’m a naturally cautious person and don’t really lust for new experiences. Not that I’m necessarily averse to them, it’s just that I don’t know that I really want or don’t want to do something until someone tricks me into doing it – this is what happened to me with roller-coasters. I was always disinterested in them until I was gotten on to one on my first trip to Florida years ago, now I love them. Even those pirate ships that pendulum until they go all the way around, they always looked awful until I got one (after roller-coasters acted as a gateway drug) and I really liked it!
I guess my only real bucket list is also my life goals list:
- I want to get slim because that’s something I’ve never been as an adult.
- I want to get rid of the debt around my throat so I can have more of the things I want and have a normal social life without having to do a cost/benefit analysis if someone invites me out for a coffee.
- I want to cultivate more local real-life friends as I’m not very good at it and can count the current crop on one hand.
- I want to write regularly, maybe even some super-long-form fiction.
- I want to fall in love and settle down with a nice boy and have cats.
Anything over and above those things is gravy. That said, I’m open to new experiences. (Especially, in my current financial micro-climate, ones that do not cost any money.) So that’s it, really. My Bucket List is to have a normal, boring life as opposed to the abnormal boring one I have now. But I’m not totally averse to doing new things so if you think of something you think I’d be interested in doing, let me know below!