ANNOUNCEMENT: Nearly Every Day in June
So I blogged every day in May. It was fun and I really enjoyed it. I never ever thought I would be able to do it, but I have, and it has given me a taste for it. But the project wasn’t without its downsides. Some of the questions were a bit repetitive, some were for too biographical. There was a bit too much “tell me about yourself” which some felt uncomfortable with and not an awful lot of “tell me something cool”. And also, lets face it, it meant sitting down and writing something every bloody day. But there were other things about the project I really liked. The structure and focus that a pre-defined set of questions gives means you have a target to shoot at, rather than just a blank page to fill. A group of us went about it which lent it a bit of camaraderie.
So I’m thinking of carrying on. I want to keep at it, so I’m in practise for when July rolls up and I have to start making crap up about random people in the street every day. And, rolling all of the above factors up, the way I’m going to go about it is as follows:
- I’m going to have a day off. Possibly even two. (Saturday and Sunday)
- For each of the four working weeks in June I am going to pick a particular topic, hobby, sphere of interest, call it what you will. Something that I am very interested in and can talk about at ease (and length, if necessary) but which won’t bare my naked soul to the assembled internets.
- For each working day of that week I will answer a particular generalised question about the weekly topic and talk around it a bit. The questions will be the same for each of the four weeks.
- On Saturdays I may or may not write a summary post regarding that weeks’ topic.
- On Sundays I will do bugger all unless I feel like it.
I think this strikes a decent balance between keeping things different and interesting, writing nearly every day, maintaining a structure to work against and not laying out my entire life for everyone to see. Do you want to play too? You’re most welcome to! If anyone is interested I’ll throw up the questions etc. soon. If enough people want to get involved I might even (gulp) do a big link-posty post like the one Nic did here for #BEDM.
So whaddya say? Want to keep the ball rolling and spend the coming month talking about whatever it is you bore people with at parties? Or did you watch #BEDM with interest but for whatever reason not want to get involved? Join… um… me…